Sunday, February 5, 2017

Excellence in Black and White

Introduction: Hello my name is James Bettencourt, and for over five decades I have either played, coached or umpired baseball.  I have umpired high school baseball for nearly 20 years. In August of 2016 I published Baseball Rules in Black and White “Difficult High School Baseball Rules Made Easy”.
                     Baseball Rules in Black and White Web Page
Why did I write this book? When I began writing, it was to help others and myself in our umpire association to clearly understand the more complicated and randomly located rules in the NFHS rule book.  As the project morphed into a manuscript, I had an epiphany.  I understood that if I could benefit from this totally new rule book format, so could many others.  
What is the book about? Baseball Rules in Black and White is about nineteen frequently called and often problematic rules that I have selected based on my decades of experience in baseball.
Each of these nineteen rules has its own chapter. This book takes the NFHS’s confusing, random and poorly worded rule interpretations, places them into an applicable chapter then revises them into simple, plain English while maintaining the integrity of that rule. In order to confirm that each rule’s validity has been maintained, the book provides the rule and page number from the NFHS rule book that it came from.
                        Buy Baseball Rules in Black and White
The entire book has over 220 additional pertinent ruling actions that include additional summaries, examples and illustrations. My main objectives were to provide clear rule information that could not only be easily understood but quickly recalled and applied on the field. Baseball Rules in Black and White does exactly that!


No comments:

Post a Comment