Sunday, October 7, 2018

If I Could


If I could, here are four things I would change about the Delayed Dead Ball & Immediate Dead Ball Tables in the NFHS rule book.  Here is my list, and yes some apply to the entire rule book

1.    Font size
Suggestion: Definitely make the font size bigger.

2   2. Categorize the activities
Suggestion: Categorize activities by Batted Balls, Thrown Balls, Interference or Obstruction. This could possibly help find what you’re looking much quicker.

3    3. Table Format
Suggestion: Maybe not cram 38 activates, awards & penalties onto two
small pages.

4    4. Location of penalties / awards to activities
Suggestion: Place the penalty / award directly under the activity. This would make it less likely to get the wrong penalty or award.

 If you like these suggestions or believe they have merit, there is good news. One of the new chapters in Baseball Rules in Black and White’s 2019 High School Edition is Dead Ball Guide, Delayed & Immediate. Because I could, I converted the old table into a Baseball Rules in Black and White reader friendly format by implementing my “If I could” list.

There will be some who say they like the Delayed Dead Ball & Immediate Dead Ball Tables in the NFHS rule book just fine. Some may even say its been that way for years, leave it alone and to everyone who enjoys the current format, please continue using it.

For everyone else there is now an alternative, Baseball Rules in Black and White’s 2019 High School Edition, coming January 1, 2019



No comments:

Post a Comment