Sunday, October 21, 2018

Confession of an Umpire in Black and White

After a lifetime of baseball and seventeen years of umpiring, I feared the convoluted rulings and scattered format in official baseball rule books, so I did what most people do when they dislike or fear something. I made excuses. I told myself I did not need to know the correct version of that ruling, I would give my opinion and then suffer with the consequences. Bottom line I was lying  to myself but not anymore!

Out of pure frustration, I faced my fears head on, and over the last three years we created a unique series of books called Baseball Rules in Black and White . These exceptional educational resources can successfully advance anyone's baseball rule knowledge and application on the field. For those who want to better understand, apply and articulate the rules of baseball, these are must read books.

How do I know these educational resources are effective? Because it's personal!  Baseball Rules in Black and White content and format have improved my personal umpiring rule knowledge and ability to recognize an infraction.  It has also greatly improved my ability to correctly apply related rulings and articulate why rulings were made.

Are the content and format in standard baseball rule books causing you to have lack of confidence, hesitation and doubt on the field? Even worse, are you like I was articulating opinions, then suffering with the consequences? I believe I have the answer to these problems in Black and White.  

If you want to feel empowered about the rules of baseball, you will be pleased to know that yesterday I submitted the 2019 High School Edition of Baseball Rules in Black and White to my publisher. The 2019 College Edition of Baseball Rules in Black and White will soon follow. These effective educational resources will be available January 1, 2019. 



No comments:

Post a Comment