Monday, December 5, 2016

Font size matters!

Some one please tell me what is up with printing important information in small font or filling up a web page with the tiny important information.  I really want someone to explain the reasoning behind using dinky font. Example below:


Some one please tell me what is up with creating important information and producing it in small font and then filling up the web page with the tiny important information.  I really want someone to explain the reasoning behind this type of format that I am seeing more and more.  

We are now living in the age of a cyber world, the need to reduce paper use has been greatly reduced. I can only think of reasons that are less than ethical. Disclaimers are almost always in  four - six font as if being written in lawyer jargon was not daunting enough, not being able to see the words accomplishes preventing most all from reading and understanding any of it. In fact I would risk saying that you would spend a lifetime finding someone who has read a full page disclaimer and understood or retained it. Its absurd.

When I am sharing important information I prefer to use a larger font.  My belief is that if someone can easily see what they are reading, it will provide them a much better opportunity to understand and recall that information. 

The 2017 Edition of Baseball Rules in Black and White is written in fourteen font and larger unlike most baseball rule books.  I did this because I want you to be able to see, understand and retain what you are reading the first time you read it. Is this wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment