Wednesday, December 27, 2017

2018 College Edition and Me

The very first soft cover copy of my 2018 College Edition of Baseball Rules in Black and White was delivered to me and sits on my desk as I type. 
It was a year in the making, filled with hundreds of hours of tedious, grueling deconstructing baseball rule book language and restructuring it into Basic English. 

Next, related converted rulings were gathered and placed under their own chapter.  Related converted rulings in each chapter then had to be listed logically in order of importance and sequence.
Then every converted ruling had additional related sub-rulings that had to be converted into Basic English, collected and applied to each converted main ruling as needed.  Next, each converted sub-ruling had to be listed logically in order of importance and sequence under the converted main ruling.
Including these converted sub-rulings is crucial in order to produce the entirety of the ruling, so the reader is provided a complete visual imprint of both the main ruling and sub-rulings. This is key in order to process, retain and then accurately apply a complete ruling later during a game when an infraction takes place.
Having said all this, I guess it is not just a soft cover book sitting on my desk but rather a part of myself that I never knew existed before this moment.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment