Friday, November 3, 2017

Learning From Failure, Creates Success!

I would really like to thank all my friends, umpire mentors and peers.  Your overwhelming support over the last two years has helped to inspire and guide me in writing the Baseball Rules in Black and White series.  This said, with anything new there can always be room for improvement, and my inaugural book, the 2017 High School Edition, was no exception.  


It has been exactly that room for improvement in the 2017 High School Edition that has built a solid and effective foundation for all future books to come.  I find it more beneficial recognizing, learning and improving from poor decisions rather than hiding from them or just being complacent.  Facing one’s own failures while sometimes uncomfortable, is the only way to succeed, not only in business but life itself.  Failure should be seen as an opportunity to improve, not a reason to quit.

Within the next two weeks, the 2018 College Edition of Baseball Rules in Black and White will be released. It is the second edition in the series, and it has been developed by knowing what could be improved from the first book and by making those improvements. The 2018 College Edition has been professionally proofed by some of the best college umpires and rule experts in the game of baseball today. It is an educational guide that will enhance anyone’s baseball rule knowledge and retention.  

                                  
This series began because a seventeen year experienced umpire (myself) finally faced his lack of knowledge regarding baseball rules and decided to do something about it. I did not consider that it would become a passion in my life, a series called (Baseball Rules in Black and White), but I am very thankful it has. It has made me a much improved umpire, taken me new places, brought amazing friends into my life, and most importantly shown me what can be gained by accepting and learning what I didn’t know.

Paulo Coelho wrote, “ If you want to be successful, you must respect one rule: Never Lie to Yourself” I’m one umpire/author who could not agree more.

No comments:

Post a Comment